More From David Attenborough
- "I don’t run a car, have never run a car. I could say that this is because I have this extremely tender environmentalist conscience, but the fact is I hate driving."
- "I had a huge advantage when I started 50 years ago – my job was secure. I didn’t have to promote myself. These days there’s far more pressure to make a mark, so the temptation is to make adventure television or personality shows. I hope the more didactic approach won’t be lost."
- "The process of making natural history films is to try to prevent the animal knowing you are there, so you get glimpses of a non-human world, and that is a transporting thing."
More In Politics
- "The larger meaning here is that mainstream journalists simply cannot talk about things that the two parties agree on; this is the black hole of American politics."― Michael Pollan
- "I have been poor and I wanted to document poverty; I had lost a child and I was obsessed with birth; I was interested in politics and I wanted to know how it affected our lives; I am a woman and I wanted to know about women."― Eve Arnold
- "Everybody gets a little dose of Shakespeare. He’s the greatest playwright in the English language, but his politics are fairly square."― Alex Cox