More From Dave Van Ronk
- "Most of what I listen to now is mainstream jazz from 1935 right up to and including early bebop and cool jazz."
- "They basically said that if I didn’t show up for school they’d mark me present, they wouldn’t send the truant officer after me. At 16 I enrolled in something called continuing education. Once a month I’d go out to Jamaica, but I didn’t take it seriously."
More In Time
- "I’m trying to stay as calm as possible and focus one day at a time, but when reality sets in, I feel everything: anxiety, excitement, nerves, pressure and joy."― Shawn Johnson
- "Women who have had no lovers, or having had one, two or three, have not found a husband, have perhaps rather had a miss than a loss, as men go."― Samuel Richardson
- "I keep a lighter in my back pocket all the time. I’m not a smoker, I just really like certain songs."― Demetri Martin