More From Dave Eggers
- "Well, my background is journalism. I don’t have any creative-writing experience except for one class I took as a sophomore in college."
- "You treat a kid with respect and as an adult you talk to them as if they’re smart people. But you don’t throw at them the trappings of adulthood and you know, the darker stuff."
- "I think newspapers shouldn’t try to compete directly with the Web, and should do what they can do better, which may be long-form journalism and using photos and art, and making connections with large-form graphics and really enhancing the tactile experience of paper."
More In Cool
- "The secret was to just be cool, stay in God’s graces, and work it out."― Solomon Burke
- "In my school, people liked the gym teachers because they were the football or soccer coaches. But look, if they’re cool, they get respect."― Danny McBride
- "I did find some time to go to a record store and check out “Headstrong” actually in the racks. It was pretty cool; I never thought I’d see my own CD sitting there with everyone else’s. I made my Mom take lots of pics!"― Ashley Tisdale