More From Danny Elfman
- "The beauty of a main title is that you establish your main theme and maybe a bit of your secondary theme. You plant the seed that you’re going to go water later in the score. And so, having that removed just made it so much more difficult."
- "I had to do this very aggressive, big score in a very short time, and knowing that in the beginning, middle, and end would be this very, very famous theme, but I still had to weave a score around it and make it work as a score was really challenging."
- "I think that there’s a lot more freedom in the low budget, the independent films where, unfortunately, you don’t have the money, necessarily, to get the orchestras in there to play a lot of stuff. But, you have a lot more freedom, very often."
More In Cool
- "It’s very cool to be able to say that my first real film was ‘Footloose’ and my second film I got to star alongside Tom Cruise and Catherine Zeta-Jones."― Julianne Hough
- "The term ‘geek’ for me is like you having a passion, interest in something that is unabashed and you don’t care if people think it’s not cool. You think it’s cool and that’s your thing."― Dominic Monaghan
- "I think movies glamorize violence, in the sense that they make it in a way that it’s either cool or funny."― Matthew Vaughn