More From Daniel Hannan
- "The U.S. states that allow for citizens’ initiatives tend to have fewer laws and lower taxes than the ones that don’t. But the beauty of the system is that it encourages the spread of best practice."
- "You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt."
- "The ‘Robben Island Bible’ has arrived at the British Museum. It’s a garish thing, its cover plastered with pink and gold Hindu images, designed to hide its contents. Within is the finest collection of words generated by human intelligence: the complete works of William Shakespeare."
More In Health
- "A moderate addiction to money may not always be hurtful; but when taken in excess it is nearly always bad for the health."― Clarence Day
- "My dad’s side of the family had lots of artists and musicians. There’s an emotional, quite sentimental quality to Slavic culture. It’s very open, it loves art, it loves music, it loves literature. It’s very warm, it’s very up, it’s very down. I would celebrate that."― Nick Clegg
- "Overnight stardom can be harmful to your mental health. Yeah. It has ruined a lot of people."― Clint Eastwood