More From Dan Rather
- "Don’t taunt the alligator until after you’ve crossed the creek."
- "I still love following and thinking about politics. I enjoy recommending important journalism I read or see from other sources."
- "I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II."
More In Courage
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."― Maya Angelou
- "The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him. This is success, and there is no other."― Orison Swett Marden
- "And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we’re all sweating it – when we’re worried that the bill won’t pass, and it seems like all is lost – Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise. Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward… with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace."― Michelle Obama