More From Dan Rather
- "But we cannot rely on memorials and museums alone. We can tell ourselves we will never forget and we likely won’t. But we need to make sure that we teach history to those who never had the opportunity to remember in the first place."
- "Journalists should denounce government by public opinion polls."
- "Don’t taunt the alligator until after you’ve crossed the creek."
More In Courage
- "Let who will boast their courage in the field, I find but little safety from my shield, Nature’s, not honour’s law we must obey: This made me cast my useless shield away."― Archilochus
- "Coffee and smoking are the last great addictions."― Lara Flynn Boyle
- "I’ve always been a writer because I’ve always been a student. My mom’s a retired professor, so I come from a very academic background. I love writing, you know?"― Kerry Washington