More From Damien Hirst
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
- "In an artwork you’re always looking for artistic decisions, so an ashtray is perfect. An ashtray has got life and death."
- "I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don’t think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings."
More In Art
- "To know how to suggest is the great art of teaching. To attain it we must be able to guess what will interest; we must learn to read the childish soul as we might a piece of music. Then, by simply changing the key, we keep up the attraction and vary the song."― Henri Frederic Amiel
- "All art is autobiographical. The pearl is the oyster’s autobiography."― Federico Fellini
- "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs."― Edgard Varese