More From Damien Hirst
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
- "Making art, good art, is always a struggle. It can make you happy when you pull it off. There’s no better feeling. It’s beauteous. But it’s always about hard work and inspiration and sweat and good ideas."
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
More In Art
- "All nature is but art unknown to thee."― Alexander Pope
- "I think I got disappointed over the years about New York, about the States. You know, sometimes you go and visit Europe and see good old socialism in its good part! You see public concern about art, and young people’s participation and young faces in the audience."― Mikhail Baryshnikov
- "There was a big drive when I was at art school to make you aware of the economy of meaning – after all, this was still during the tail end of minimalism. Being responsible for everything you put in your picture, and being able to defend it. Keeping everything clear around you so you know what is operating. To open the wound and keep it clean."― Jane Campion