More From Dalton Trumbo
- "The chief internal enemies of any state are those public officials who betray the trust imposed upon them by the people."
- "Dishonesty in government is the business of every citizen. It is not enough to do your own job. There’s no particular virtue in that. Democracy isn’t a gift. It’s a responsibility."
More In Marriage
- "The Southern slave would obey God in respect to marriage, and also to the reading and studying of His word. But this, as we have seen, is forbidden him."― Gerrit Smith
- "Some of the best advice I got from a close friend is marriage is always looked at from the world as 50/50 as to working together to make that 100 percent."― Brian Littrell
- "The facts are plain: Religious leaders who preside over marriage ceremonies must and will be guided by what they believe. If they do not wish to celebrate marriages for same-sex couples, that is their right. The Supreme Court says so. And the Charter says so."― Paul Martin