More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "Where there is an absence of international political leadership, civil society should step in to fill the gap, providing the energy and vision needed to move the world in a new and better direction."
- "It is only through such real-life daily struggles and challenges that a genuine sensitivity to human rights can be inculcated. This is a truth that is not limited to school education: it applies to all of us."
- "In the past, human society provided encouragement and opportunity for people to extend support to each other, especially in highly stressful situations."
More In Hope
- "My fondest hope is that ‘Roots’ may start black, white, brown, red, yellow people digging back for their own roots. Man, that would make me feel 90 feet tall."― Alex Haley
- "A man of courage is also full of faith."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government ought to be instructed."― Noah Webster