More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "The effects of human rights education can be dramatic in awakening people to the value and power of their own lives, as shown in the following stories."
- "Genuine happiness can only be achieved when we transform our way of life from the unthinking pursuit of pleasure to one committed to enriching our inner lives, when we focus on ‘being more’ rather than simply having more."
- "We are not merely passive pawns of historical forces; nor are we victims of the past. We can shape and direct history."
More In Education
- "But I didn’t really enjoy my secondary education that much, probably because I am a very physical person and don’t enjoy sitting at a desk all day. I just dragged myself through GCSE and A Levels, so it suited me very much to go on to drama school, which was very active."― Amanda Burton
- "Education forms the common mind. Just as the twig is bent, the tree’s inclined."― Alexander Pope
- "Ladies and gentlemen: There can be no greater investment in Alabama’s future than an investment in education."― Bob Riley