More From Clifford Geertz
- "I’m writing a review of three books on feminism and science, and it’s about social constructionism. So I would say I’m a social constructionist, whatever that means."
- "I think the perception of there being a deep gulf between science and the humanities is false."
- "The way in which mathematicians and physicists and historians talk is quite different, and what a physicist means by physical intuition and what a mathematician means by beauty or elegance are things worth thinking about."
More In History
- "The judicial system is the most expensive machine ever invented for finding out what happened and what to do about it."― Irving R. Kaufman
- "If America wants to retain its position as a global power, its president must listen to the people and show strong leadership at this turning point in human history."― David Suzuki
- "We learned the value of research in World War II."― Amar Bose