More From Clarence Thomas
- "My grandfather could barely read. My grandmother had a sixth-grade education. They were people who were industrious. They were frugal."
- "When you look at where the real problems are among minorities in our society, particularly blacks, it’s at the bottom. It’s the people who are in school systems that don’t educate, neighborhoods where there is a lot of crime, drugs, the whole bit."
- "Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot."
More In Attitude
- "I am Classic Rock Revisited. I revisit it every waking moment of my life because it has the spirit and the attitude and the fire and the middle finger. I am Rosa Parks with a Gibson guitar."― Ted Nugent
- "When I was in my 20s it did occur to me that there was something perverted about an attitude that thought that killing somebody was a minor offence compared to kissing somebody."― John McGahern
- "To so enter into it in nature and art that the enjoyed meanings of life may become a part of living is the attitude of aesthetic appreciation."― George H. Mead