More From Clarence Thomas
- "My grandfather could barely read. My grandmother had a sixth-grade education. They were people who were industrious. They were frugal."
- "My grandfather was a man, when he talked about freedom, his attitude was really interesting. His view was that you had obligations or you had responsibilities, and when you fulfilled those obligations or responsibilities, that then gave you the liberty to do other things."
- "Oh, I don’t think Tom Sowell would tell anybody to join the administration. That’s not his style. But I think his attitude has always been if it had to be done he’d prefer me to do it than somebody else."
More In Best
- "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."― Walt Disney
- "The principle of all successful effort is to try to do not what is absolutely the best, but what is easily within our power, and suited for our temperament and condition."― John Ruskin
- "I’ve been in this business for a long time at my age, I’ve just turned 30, and I feel like my wife’s career is going incredibly well, my kids are happy and healthy in schools, we’ve both been able to buy a house for our parents, respectively, in the places they live."― Ryan Phillippe