More From Chuck Palahniuk
- "I really love idiot, enlightened characters – these characters who fail to engage with the drama of their immediate circumstances; they fail to be reactive and enrolled by drama as it happens around them."
- "If you knew that your life was merely a phase or short, short segment of your entire existence, how would you live? Knowing nothing ‘real’ was at risk, what would you do? You’d live a gigantic, bold, fun, dazzling life. You know you would. That’s what the ghosts want us to do – all the exciting things they no longer can."
- "Do you remember when you were 10 or 11 years old and you really thought your folks were the best? They were completely omniscient and you took their word for everything. And then you got older and you went through this hideous age when suddenly they were the devil, they were bullies, and they didn’t know anything."
More In Best
- "One of the best temporary cures for pride and affectation is seasickness; a man who wants to vomit never puts on airs."― Josh Billings
- "I’ll tell you one thing: Don’t ever give anybody your best advice, because they’re not going to follow it."― Jack Nicholson
- "The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it."― Richard Bach