More From Chuck Palahniuk
- "Maybe humans are just the pet alligators that God flushed down the toilet."
- "Personal identity seems like it’s just such an American archetype, from Holly Golightly re-inventing herself in ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’ to Jay Gatsby in ‘The Great Gatsby.’ It seems like the sort of archetypal American issue. If you’re given the freedom to be anything, or be anyone, what do you do with it?"
- "You hear the best stories from ordinary people. That sense of immediacy is more real to me than a lot of writerly, literary-type crafted stories. I want that immediacy when I read a novel."
More In Romantic
- "I don’t ever want to be a sentimentalist. I prefer to be a realist. I’m not a romantic really."― James Earl Jones
- "And I’m not apolitical – I’m very specific in my politics. But a lot of the time it’s nobody’s business unless you’re over at my house having dinner."― Tom Hanks
- "Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance."― Oscar Wilde