More From Christopher Lasch
- "The attempt to redefine the family as a purely voluntary arrangement grows out of the modern delusion that people can keep all their options open all the time."
- "Liberals subscribe to the new flexible, pluralistic definition of the family; their defense of families carries no conviction."
- "Because politics rests on an irreducible measure of coercion, it can never become a perfect realm of perfect love and justice."
More In Family
- "I came from a family where I felt great pressure to be financially successful, and I felt that staying in Chicago and doing theater, I was, in all likelihood, not going to find financial success."― David Schwimmer
- "My whole damn family was nice. I don’t think I’ve imagined it. It’s true. Maybe it has to do with being brought up as Christian Scientists. Half of my relatives were Readers or Practitioners in the church."― Henry Fonda
- "I think that’s become passe, but if you can surround yourself with a kind of monument to yourself and your family – a statement – and you can afford it, then that’s a noble project."― Sylvester Stallone