More From Christian Nestell Bovee
- "In politics, merit is rewarded by the possessor being raised, like a target, to a position to be fired at."
- "Courage enlarges, cowardice diminishes resources. In desperate straits the fears of the timid aggravate the dangers that imperil the brave."
- "They are the weakest, however strong, who have no faith in themselves or their own powers."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "Future. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured."― Ambrose Bierce
- "How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."― Paul Sweeney