More From Chris Ware
- "I prefer to imagine that my wife, a few friends, and occasionally my mom are the only ones who read what I do, though I realize that this is somewhat unrealistic."
- "Ragtime has about the same amount of respect as comics. And in a way they’re similar art forms. Ragtime is highly compositional, and the emotion in the music is built in, whereas in jazz a lot of that emotion comes from the way it’s performed."
- "I still can’t get over the idea that respectable adults now go to see superhero movies and that such films get reviewed in the ‘New Yorker.’ Clearly, I am seriously out of step with the times."
More In Amazing
- "The amazing fact is that America is founded on a document. It’s a work in progress. It can be tested by each generation."― Christopher Hitchens
- "Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens."― David Cameron
- "When I receive letters from girls that say, ‘You give me confidence,’ I think, ‘Wow, this is amazing.’ That’s my goal: to let people know it’s truly what’s on the inside that counts."― Amber Riley