More From Chen Shui-bian
- "Through mutual understanding, sincerity and goodwill, and with great wisdom and broad views, the leaders on both sides should jointly initiate new opportunities for peace, stability, cooperation and mutual benefit."
- "However, I must say that I am very happy to see that we have such a positive result for our first referendum in our history and that gives me more confidence in Taiwan’s democracy."
- "We sincerely ask the Beijing authorities across the Strait to view the election result from a positive perspective, to accept the democratic decision of the Taiwanese people."
More In Peace
- "I wouldn’t tell you anything about anybody I cared about because it becomes entertainment for other people, and it sort of just cheapens everything in your life. I would never tell you if I was dating anybody."― Kristen Stewart
- "In a multi-racial society, trust, understanding and tolerance are the cornerstones of peace and order."― Kamisese Mara
- "We want peace and a political solution to the situation in Chechnya."― Boris Yeltsin