More From Charles Rangel
- "The Klan had used fear, intimidation and murder to brutally oppress over African-Americans who sought justice and equality and it sought to respond to the young workers of the civil rights movement in Mississippi in the same way."
- "Meanwhile, our young men and women whose economic circumstances make military service a viable career choice are dying bravely in a war with no end in sight."
- "The Iraq war took priority over domestic disaster prevention."
More In War
- "Experience is what you have after you’ve forgotten her name."― Milton Berle
- "The more the history of the World War and what led up to it is studied, the more clearly those tragic years become revealed as a vast collapse of civilization."― Arthur Henderson
- "When I was in the war, I was lucky that I was in a plane and never saw the carnage close-up."― George McGovern