More From Charles Rangel
- "The Klan had used fear, intimidation and murder to brutally oppress over African-Americans who sought justice and equality and it sought to respond to the young workers of the civil rights movement in Mississippi in the same way."
- "Full participation in government and society has been a basic right of the country symbolizing the full citizenship and equal protection of all."
- "I’m just glad that my community has faith and confidence in me."
More In Society
- "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."― Theodore Roosevelt
- "I don’t think we live in a particularly equal society."― Sienna Miller
- "A man can believe a considerable deal of rubbish, and yet go about his daily work in a rational and cheerful manner."― Norman Douglas