More From Charles de Montesquieu
- "We should weep for men at their birth, not at their death."
- "The sublimity of administration consists in knowing the proper degree of power that should be exerted on different occasions."
- "False happiness renders men stern and proud, and that happiness is never communicated. True happiness renders them kind and sensible, and that happiness is always shared."
More In War
- "When you go to war, both sides lose totally."― Yoko Ono
- "I was the guy who was constantly speaking out against the Vietnam War. I have no regrets about that."― George McGovern
- "I’m not so sure that people consider homelessness to be as important as, say, the Vietnam War. One should never even try to equate them because, of course, they’re tragedies on both sides of the coin."― Graham Nash