More From Charles Caleb Colton
- "Constant success shows us but one side of the world; adversity brings out the reverse of the picture."
- "Men are born with two eyes, but with one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say."
- "Death is the liberator of him whom freedom cannot release, the physician of him whom medicine cannot cure, and the comforter of him whom time cannot console."
More In War
- "We managed to put together a compilation that had some creativity to it. In the meantime I was listening to the free radio stations and I noticed that during their war coverage they were playing these songs born out of the Vietnam War that were all critical of the soldiers."― Joni Mitchell
- "The natural principle of war is to do the most harm to our enemy with the least harm to ourselves; and this of course is to be effected by stratagem."― Washington Irving
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."― Dave Brubeck