More From Charles Baudelaire
- "Modernity is the transitory, the fugitive, the contingent, which make up one half of art, the other being the eternal and the immutable. This transitory fugitive element, which is constantly changing, must not be despised or neglected."
- "Beauty is the sole ambition, the exclusive goal of Taste."
- "Common sense tells us that the things of the earth exist only a little, and that true reality is only in dreams."
More In Poetry
- "I work on words, mostly, toward them being poetry or short stories, and then some of those become songs. They all find their place in the world, but they all start off in the same place. I’m always painting and drawing as well, and it’s an ongoing creative assignment."― P. J. Harvey
- "Written poetry is worth reading once, and then should be destroyed. Let the dead poets make way for others."― Antonin Artaud
- "Poetry is really a way of sharing feelings and ideas."― Caroline Kennedy