More From Charles Babbage
- "It is therefore not unreasonable to suppose that some portion of the neglect of science in England, may be attributed to the system of education we pursue."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
More In History
- "History does not merely touch on language, but takes place in it."― Theodor Adorno
- "There is another interesting paradox here: by immersing ourselves in what we love, we find ourselves. We do not lose ourselves. One does not lose one’s identity by falling in love."― Lukas Foss
- "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."― George Santayana