More From Charles Babbage
- "A powerful attraction exists, therefore, to the promotion of a study and of duties of all others engrossing the time most completely, and which is less benefited than most others by any acquaintance with science."
- "The public character of every public servant is legitimate subject of discussion, and his fitness or unfitness for office may be fairly canvassed by any person."
- "To those who have chosen the profession of medicine, a knowledge of chemistry, and of some branches of natural history, and, indeed, of several other departments of science, affords useful assistance."
More In Science
- "As a microbiologist, I am particularly concerned with Mr. Bush’s blatant disregard for science."― Louise Slaughter
- "Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times."― Martin Luther
- "In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."― Galileo Galilei