More From Charles Babbage
- "A powerful attraction exists, therefore, to the promotion of a study and of duties of all others engrossing the time most completely, and which is less benefited than most others by any acquaintance with science."
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
- "To those who have chosen the profession of medicine, a knowledge of chemistry, and of some branches of natural history, and, indeed, of several other departments of science, affords useful assistance."
More In Science
- "Specialized meaninglessness has come to be regarded, in certain circles, as a kind of hallmark of true science."― Aldous Huxley
- "Are hackers a threat? The degree of threat presented by any conduct, whether legal or illegal, depends on the actions and intent of the individual and the harm they cause."― Kevin Mitnick
- "I was raised on comic books, and I love science fiction."― Mayim Bialik