More From Charles Babbage
- "The public character of every public servant is legitimate subject of discussion, and his fitness or unfitness for office may be fairly canvassed by any person."
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
More In Education
- "There are 4 billion cell phones in use today. Many of them are in the hands of market vendors, rickshaw drivers, and others who’ve historically lacked access to education and opportunity. Information networks have become a great leveler, and we should use them together to help lift people out of poverty and give them a freedom from want."― Hillary Clinton
- "Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability."― Marcus Aurelius
- "Of course the EU and member states must work to ensure that people moving from one country to another understand their obligations and their rights in areas like health, road safety and further education."― John Bruton