More From Chaim Potok
- "A book is sent out into the world, and there is no way of fully anticipating the responses it will elicit. Consider the responses called forth by the Bible, Homer, Shakespeare – let alone contemporary poetry or a modern novel."
- "But today we become aware of other readings of the human experience very quickly because of the media and the speed with which people travel the planet."
- "All of us grow up in particular realities – a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we’re brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it."
More In Relationship
- "First, President Reagan was not enthusiastic. But I built up a relationship with him in other areas and then persuaded him that this was important to us and to me, and that we had to at least be in the process of looking at this seriously."― Brian Mulroney
- "I’d say to any woman, get out of that bad relationship that’s turning you into a shell of your former self. Learn from it and get out. Then wait; enjoy yourself and your friends because, when what you want comes along, you’ll spot it."― Cat Deeley
- "I’ve sort of had an investigatory relationship with being a musician. I really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I felt I had had my run – I had done Jane’s and I wasn’t particularly interested in music anymore."― Eric Avery