More From Chaim Potok
- "I’m not altogether certain that a fundamentalism of necessity has to argue that it is the only reading of the human experience in order to stay alive."
- "Every man who has shown the world the way to beauty, to true culture, has been a rebel, a ‘universal’ without patriotism, without home, who has found his people everywhere."
- "All of us grow up in particular realities – a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we’re brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it."
More In Relationship
- "I am very sad for men and women trapped in any relationship where there is cruelty, dominance, inequity. I long for the liberation of all people."― Jasmine Guy
- "We should never denigrate any other culture but rather help people to understand the relationship between their own culture and the dominant culture. When you understand another culture or language, it does not mean that you have to lose your own culture."― Edward T. Hall
- "You’re going to relegate my history to a month."― Morgan Freeman