More From Cesar Chavez
- "If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart."
- "We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure."
- "It is possible to become discouraged about the injustice we see everywhere. But God did not promise us that the world would be humane and just. He gives us the gift of life and allows us to choose the way we will use our limited time on earth. It is an awesome opportunity."
More In Strength
- "The strength of a man’s virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts."― Blaise Pascal
- "Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool."― Esther Williams
- "Who among us has the strength to oppose petty egoism, those petty good feelings, pity and remorse?"― Ivan Turgenev