More From Catherine Helen Spence
- "I count myself well educated, for the admirable woman at the head of the school which I attended from the age of four and a half till I was thirteen and a half, was a born teacher in advance of her own times."
- "After the break up of the municipality and the loss of his income my father lost health and spirits."
More In Marriage
- "In a bad marriage, friends are the invisible glue. If we have enough friends, we may go on for years, intending to leave, talking about leaving – instead of actually getting up and leaving."― Erica Jong
- "The first breath of adultery is the freest; after it, constraints aping marriage develop."― John Updike
- "A marriage license should not be viewed as a license for a husband to forcibly rape his wife with impunity."― Sol Wachtler