More From Carter G. Woodson
- "If Liberia has failed, then, it is no evidence of the failure of the Negro in government. It is merely evidence of the failure of slavery."
- "In fact, the confidence of the people is worth more than money."
- "In our so-called democracy we are accustomed to give the majority what they want rather than educate them to understand what is best for them."
More In Education
- "By education most have been misled; So they believe, because they were bred. The priest continues where the nurse began, And thus the child imposes on the man."― John Dryden
- "My hope was that organizations would start including this range of skills in their training programs – in other words, offer an adult education in social and emotional intelligence."― Daniel Goleman
- "There are 4 billion cell phones in use today. Many of them are in the hands of market vendors, rickshaw drivers, and others who’ve historically lacked access to education and opportunity. Information networks have become a great leveler, and we should use them together to help lift people out of poverty and give them a freedom from want."― Hillary Clinton