More From Carroll Quigley
- "The history of the last century shows, as we shall see later, that the advice given to governments by bankers, like the advice they gave to industrialists, was consistently good for bankers, but was often disastrous for governments, businessmen, and the people generally."
- "In addition to their power over government based on government financing and personal influence, bankers could steer governments in ways they wished them to go by other pressures."
More In Attitude
- "That attitude does not exist so much today, but in those days there was a very sharp distinction between basic physics and applied physics. Columbia did not deal with applied physics."― Gordon Gould
- "The minute you try to talk business with him he takes the attitude that he is a gentleman and a scholar, and the moment you try to approach him on the level of his moral integrity he starts to talk business."― Raymond Chandler
- "‘UFO’s’ attitude toward the subject is very similar to mine. It’s not an advocacy; its philosophy is more ‘I want to believe this, but I want it proved.’"― Dwight Schultz