More From Carol P. Christ
- "The simplest and most basic meaning of the symbol of the Goddess is the acknowledgment of the legitimacy of female power as a beneficent and independent power."
- "In my book I specifically discussed the structural nature of injustice and offered Nine Touchstones of Goddess ethics as an alternative to the Ten Commandments of Biblical religion."
- "Because religion has such a compelling hold on the deep psyches of so many people, feminists cannot afford to leave it in the hands of the fathers."
More In Religion
- "Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat."― John Morley
- "Nobody can deny but religion is a comfort to the distressed, a cordial to the sick, and sometimes a restraint on the wicked; therefore whoever would argue or laugh it out of the world without giving some equivalent for it ought to be treated as a common enemy."― Mary Wortley Montagu
- "You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or who says it."― Malcolm X