More From Carol P. Christ
- "Because religion has such a compelling hold on the deep psyches of so many people, feminists cannot afford to leave it in the hands of the fathers."
- "The women’s movement will present a growing threat to patriarchal religion less by attacking it than by simply leaving it behind."
- "I first became interested in women and religion when I was one of the few women doing graduate work in Religious Studies at Yale University in the late 1960’s."
More In Religion
- "The Jews are a race and not a religion. My goal was not to persecute the Jews but to enlighten Gentiles to put them on guard."― Julius Streicher
- "They have hijacked my religion."― Cat Stevens
- "The dissolution of the nation destroys the national religion, and dethrones the national deity."― William Robertson Smith