More From Carol Ann Duffy
- "It’s always good when women win things in fiction because it tends to be more male-dominated, unlike poetry, which is more equal."
- "Auden said poetry makes nothing happen. But I wonder if the opposite could be true. It could make something happen."
- "I think poetry can help children deal with the other subjects on the curriculum by enabling them to see a subject in a new way."
More In Poetry
- "And there are a lot more people reading poetry, but there are not so many people reading an individual poet."― Peter Davison
- "Poetry isn’t a profession, it’s a way of life. It’s an empty basket; you put your life into it and make something out of that."― Mary Oliver
- "Still, language is resilient, and poetry when it is pressured simply goes underground."― Diane Wakoski