More From Carol Ann Duffy
- "Poetry and prayer are very similar."
- "I still read Donne, particularly his love poems."
- "If I felt, in the event of a royal wedding, inspired to write about people coming together in marriage or civil partnership, I would just be grateful to have an idea for the poem. And if I didn’t, I’d ignore it."
More In Poetry
- "Because, in fact, women, feminists, do read my poetry, and they read it often with the power of their political interpretation. I don’t care; that’s what poetry is supposed to do."― Diane Wakoski
- "In my opinion, the most significant works of the twentieth century are those that rise beyond the conceptual tyranny of genre; they are, at the same time, poetry, criticism, narrative, drama, etc."― Juan Goytisolo
- "However, poetry does not live solely in books or in school anthologies."― Eugenio Montale