More From Calvin Trillin
- "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."
- "I never eat in a restaurant that’s over a hundred feet off the ground and won’t stand still."
- "If it’s inappropriate to write about, if there’s nothing funny about it, then it’s not funny."
More In Food
- "I can understand why some people might look at me and say, ‘What’s she got to be depressed about?’ I get that a lot in Britain, where mental health issues seem to be a big taboo."― Natalie Imbruglia
- "It’s difficult to believe that people are still starving in this country because food isn’t available."― Ronald Reagan
- "Older people shouldn’t eat health food, they need all the preservatives they can get."― Robert Orben