More From Calvin Trillin
- "I never did very well in math – I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn’t meant my answers literally."
- "I actually think of being funny as an odd turn of mind, like a mild disability, some weird way of looking at the world that you can’t get rid of."
- "With humor, it’s so subjective that trying to think of what the ideal reader would think would drive you crazy."
More In Food
- "The agony of my feelings allowed me no respite; no incident occurred from which my rage and misery could not extract its food."― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- "A human being has been given an intellect to make choices, and we know there are other food sources that do not require the killing of a creature that would protest being killed."― Mary Tyler Moore
- "Every country can be defined through their food, their music and their language. That’s the soul of a country."― Quincy Jones