More From Bob Graham
- "We need to make a greater investment in human intelligence."
- "We ought to recognize that we have an offensive responsibility to take the war to the terrorists where they are. That responsibility has waned in the last year as military and intelligence resources were withdrawn from Afghanistan and Pakistan to be used in Iraq."
- "Today 80 percent of all the oil that comes out of the Gulf is from 1,000 feet or more and today almost a third of it is more than 5,000 feet below the surface. What hasn’t happened is the safety and the ability to respond to a negative event such as this blowout, has been far outrun by the technology of drilling itself. We need to close that gap."
More In Intelligence
- "Millions of dollars’ worth of advertising shows such little respect for the reader’s intelligence that it amounts almost to outright insult."― James Randolph Adams
- "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would be an affront to your intelligence."― George Bernard Shaw
- "Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote. The relative positions to be assumed by man and woman in the working out of our civilization were assigned long ago by a higher intelligence than ours."― Grover Cleveland