More From Bjorn Lomborg
- "In the rich world, the environmental situation has improved dramatically. In the United States, the most important environmental indicator, particulate air pollution, has been cut by more than half since 1955, rivers and coastal waters have dramatically improved, and forests are increasing."
- "If we invest in researching and developing energy technology, we’ll do some real good in the long run, rather than just making ourselves feel good today. But climate change is not the only challenge of the 21st century, and for many other global problems we have low-cost, durable solutions."
- "We worry about the seemingly ever-increasing number of natural catastrophes. Yet this is mainly a consequence of CNN – we see many more, but the number is roughly constant, and we manage to deal much better with them over time. Globally, the death rate from catastrophes has dropped about fifty-fold over the past century."
More In Environmental
- "Cities all over the world are getting bigger as more and more people move from rural to urban sites, but that has created enormous problems with respect to environmental pollution and the general quality of life."― Alan Dundes
- "I’ve always been a strong supporter of environmental protection and initiatives in that area. But I’m willing to set priorities. If we have to make reductions in one place, we’ll have to-in order to increase another place, I’m willing to do that."― Judd Gregg
- "Nuclear power will help provide the electricity that our growing economy needs without increasing emissions. This is truly an environmentally responsible source of energy."― Michael Burgess