More From Billie Jean King
- "When they take surveys of women in business, of the Fortune 500, the successful women, 80% of them, say they were in sports as a young woman."
- "I love to promote our sport. I love grass-roots tennis. I love coaching. I love all parts of the sport. I love the business side."
- "In the seventies we had to make it acceptable for people to accept girls and women as athletes. We had to make it okay for them to be active. Those were much scarier times for females in sports."
More In Sports
- "The biggest lesson from Africa was that life’s joys come mostly from relationships and friendships, not from material things. I saw time and again how much fun Africans had with their families and friends and on the sports fields; they laughed all the time."― Andrew Shue
- "Growing up, if I hadn’t had sports, I don’t know where I’d be. God only knows what street corners I’d have been standing on and God only knows what I’d have been doing, but instead I played hockey and went to school and stayed out of trouble."― Bobby Orr
- "Nobody roots for Goliath."― Wilt Chamberlain