More From Billie Jean King
- "Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life."
- "Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquillity."
- "In the seventies we had to make it acceptable for people to accept girls and women as athletes. We had to make it okay for them to be active. Those were much scarier times for females in sports."
More In Home
- "I have this extraordinary life during the day, and then I get to come home to my sweet husband who loves to cook with me. I have a nice glass of wine, he has some scotch, we chat, we cook, and we hang out with the dog. I have an absolute dream life."― Rachael Ray
- "The most pitiful among men is he who turns his dreams into silver and gold."― Khalil Gibran
- "Stop at home. Arm for Ireland. Fight for Ireland and no other land."― James Larkin