More From Bertrand Russell
- "The fundamental defect of fathers, in our competitive society, is that they want their children to be a credit to them."
- "Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
- "Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people’s happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race."
More In Education
- "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you’re a man, you take it."― Malcolm X
- "The American Dream is still alive out there, and hard work will get you there. You don’t necessarily need to have an Ivy League education or to have millions of dollars startup money. It can be done with an idea, hard work and determination."― Bill Rancic
- "And what is liberty, whose very name makes the heart beat faster and shakes the world? Is it not the union of all liberties – liberty of conscience, of education, of association, of the press, of travel, or labor, or trade?"― Frederic Bastiat