More From Bertrand Russell
- "Aristotle could have avoided the mistake of thinking that women have fewer teeth than men, by the simple device of asking Mrs. Aristotle to keep her mouth open while he counted."
- "Science is what you know, philosophy is what you don’t know."
- "In America everybody is of the opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors, for, from the time of Jefferson onward, the doctrine that all men are equal applies only upwards, not downwards."
More In Great
- "Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Great souls suffer in silence."― Friedrich Schiller
- "I very rarely came across rude or disrespectful people. I don’t know how I slipped by all of them, but I honestly can’t think of one experience off the top of my head that was like that. I’m sure they’re there, but I’d have to think really hard to recall them."― Scott Baio