More From Bertrand Russell
- "Admiration of the proletariat, like that of dams, power stations, and aeroplanes, is part of the ideology of the machine age."
- "Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear."
- "The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists. That is why they invented Hell."
More In Happiness
- "When done right – or wrong, depending on how you look at it – deficits remove liberal options from the table. Suddenly there’s no money for building bridges or inspecting meat. Not surprisingly, running up a deficit is a strategy favored by the wrecking crew for its liberal-killing properties."― Thomas Frank
- "Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance."― Jane Austen
- "If you are kept in ignorance of the true way and permit yourself to rely upon and be guided by the opinion of imperfect man, you can never gain the riches that will bring you peace and lasting happiness."― Joseph Franklin Rutherford