More From Benjamin Tucker
- "But this is not to say that the society which inflicts capital punishment commits murder."
- "I insist that there is nothing sacred in the life of an invader, and there is no valid principle of human society that forbids the invaded to protect themselves in whatever way they can."
- "I have also seen it stated that Capital punishment is murder in its worst form. I should like to know upon what principle of human society these assertions are based and justified."
More In Society
- "Diversity in the world is a basic characteristic of human society, and also the key condition for a lively and dynamic world as we see today."― Jinato Hu
- "Once boys’ and men’s challenges are clear, the question ‘why now’ quickly becomes ‘why didn’t we see this sooner?’ The answer? Virtually every society that survived did so by socializing its sons to be disposable."― Warren Farrell
- "The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."― John Stuart Mill