More From Benjamin Spock
- "Every child senses, with all the horse sense that’s in him, that any parent is angry inside when children misbehave and they dread more the anger that is rarely or never expressed openly, wondering how awful it might be."
- "Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do."
- "What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all."
More In Parenting
- "Fathers and mothers have lost the idea that the highest aspiration they might have for their children is for them to be wise… specialized competence and success are all that they can imagine."― Allan Bloom
- "If you’re asking your kids to exercise, then you better do it, too. Practice what you preach."― Bruce Jenner
- "What lingers from the parent’s individual past, unresolved or incomplete, often becomes part of her or his irrational parenting."― Virginia Satir