More From Benjamin Carson
- "The mind controls so much of the body. We are much more than flesh and blood; we are complex systems. Patients do better when they have faith that they’re going to do better. That’s why I always tell my patients and their families not to neglect their prayers. There’s nobody I don’t say that to."
- "There’s no question that as science, knowledge and technology advance, that we will attempt to do more significant things. And there’s no question that we will always have to temper those things with ethics."
- "When I entered high school I was an A-student, but not for long. I wanted the fancy clothes. I wanted to hang out with the guys. I went from being an A-student to a B-student to a C-student, but I didn’t care. I was getting the high fives and the low fives and the pats on the back. I was cool."
More In Society
- "Ironing boards are a classic example of something I find horrible about modern society: the excitementation, for want of a better word, of mundane things."― Daniel Radcliffe
- "The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."― John Stuart Mill
- "It’s a very difficult thing losing a parent, but I think there’s an added complication for me, because he was so well-loved and he had this very open charm that made people feel they had a personal relationship with him."― Kate Beckinsale