More From Barbara Bush
- "Well, look at what people are doing for returned veterans now. The wounded warriors. They’re working hard to make the wounded veterans feel that they are loved and welcomed home, unlike Vietnam. It was not a very kind, gentle world then. I think we are kinder and gentler."
- "Family and friends and faith are the most important things in your life and you should be building friendships."
- "The personal things should be left out of platforms at conventions. You can argue yourself blue in the face, and you’re not going to change each other’s minds. It’s a waste of your time and my time."
More In Politics
- "When they see me holding fish, they can see that I am comfortable with kings as well as with paupers."― Imelda Marcos
- "With all the hundreds of dresses and shoes I have, it would be an absolute crime if I don’t have a little girl. I have a whole room at home filled with my stage wear."― Katherine Jenkins
- "Talk of citizenship today is often thin and tinny. The word has a faintly old-fashioned feel to it when used in everyday conversation. When evoked in national politics, it’s usually accompanied by the shrill whine of a descending culture-war mortar."― Eric Liu