More From Barack Obama
- "Tonight, we gather to affirm the greatness of our nation – not because of the height of our skyscrapers, or the power of our military, or the size of our economy. Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago."
- "No party has a monopoly on wisdom. No democracy works without compromise. But when Governor Romney and his allies in Congress tell us we can somehow lower our deficit by spending trillions more on new tax breaks for the wealthy – well, you do the math. I refuse to go along with that. And as long as I’m President, I never will."
- "In fact, the best thing we could do on taxes for all Americans is to simplify the individual tax code. This will be a tough job, but members of both parties have expressed an interest in doing this, and I am prepared to join them."
More In Money
- "The lack of money is the root of all evil."― Mark Twain
- "Dune is the bestselling science fiction book of all time. It’s something you really need to read in your lifetime. If you’re going to read The Lord of the Rings, which everyone should, then you have to read Dune, too."― Kevin J. Anderson
- "The business of the advertiser is to see that we go about our business with some magic spell or tune or slogan throbbing quietly in the background of our minds."― Marshall McLuhan